If you are microblogging your urls of blog posts or other web stuff on twitter or other type of sites there is a easy way of tracking amount of clicks that you got for that url.That’s by using www.bit.ly free account. But there is light disadvantage on that because you will loss attraction in to your original url because visitors seeing www.bit.ly/xxxx instead of www.yourdomain.com/xxxx
And other disadvantage is you will loss link backs from dofollow sites. But twitter is nofollow so you wont get any problems by using it with twitter.
Only you have to do is signing up a free account on bit.ly and start shortening your urls and posting it on twitter. by visiting bit.ly home page you can track the amount of visitors that you got from shortened url.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- How to install and configure a BitTorrent Sync server - July 9th, 2013
- WordPress comments SEO problems and moved to Disqus - July 5th, 2013