Samsung just announced its all new Exynos 5 Octa processor at CES 2013. Its the first processor design to employ the ARM’s “big.LITTLE” concept which uses 4, A15 cores and 4, A7 cores on the same die. This makes smartphones,tablets and even laptops built with this new processor to handle tasks with extreme speed without compromising the battery.
This 8 core beast will handle extreme demanding tasks like gaming, web page rendering etc on the high power A15 quad core, and will be automatically switching to lower powered A7 cores to handle the small tasks such as idling,making calls,running small apps etc. However there is some speculation is going on saying all 8 cores can work at once by spreading the tasks to all 8 cores but official information about that is still unclear. But still Samsung has proven track record of being ahead than the competition with its Exynos processor designs and we can expect it will be proven once again when this processor hits to the market with next Galaxy S device.
GPU associated to this processor is still unknown and on the announcement stage Samsung has told that GPU power will be twice more than anything currently on market.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013