MTR its a well known network diagnostic tool which you can use to troubleshoot connectivity problems on your network or servers. As the official web site for MTR says
mtr combines the functionality of the ‘traceroute’ and ‘ping’ programs in a single network diagnostic tool. As mtr starts, it investigates the network connection between the host mtr runs on and a user-specified destination host. After it determines the address of each network hop between the machines, it sends a sequence ICMP ECHO requests to each one to determine the quality of the link to each machine. As it does this, it prints running statistics about each machine.
Here is how you can install MTR tool and run diagnostics on Ubuntu environment
Run the command below on terminal to install mtr tool
Thats it. To run reports run this command ( Replace ruchirablog.com is the host that you want to diagnose )
It will display the report as you can see on top of this post.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013