For about a year I had mystique wordpress theme on my blog and it was really nice theme! But it was too popular and used by many bloggers as their wordpress theme. So its not very good to have a theme like that for branding purposes no matter what quality things that you post eye contact will be problem there!
And with mystique theme I had mysql problems because in default mystique theme include recent post thingy in comments area so readers can view recent posts of auther but its querying mysql database like crazy monkey so every page load results in about 100 queries sent out to database server to get recent posts. That resulted high page generation times. Previously it took little more than 1.2 seconds to generate a post page! and also I’m getting bad results on google webmaster tool siteperformance measure It means I might be getting lower SERP’s than I should have default, Thats the real headache I had. I’m no php+css expert to comment out that queries and modify such a advanced theme like mystique and time is came to move to my own theme.
So I got Thesis wordpress framework and built the current theme with my own custom icons in past 8 hours. If you visited few hours ago you may noticed live changes because I made it all live. Thesis framework is amazing and Ill save about it for later.
- Page generation time for page load become less than 0.2 seconds (BIG UP)
- Low Mysql queries! most of the time less than 30 for each post!
- Low bandwidth, No huge graphics, more text oriented and 70% Gzip compression with nginx
- Helps me to rank better on google because pagespeed is now golden rule!
- Theme built on thesis platform
- Fonts used are obtained from google library vis API
- Using 28 wordpress plugins for now
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- How to remove Replytocom and Comment links from Google index - June 13th, 2013
- Theme up your Android with Mycolorscreen - June 12th, 2013
- PlayStation 4 Hardware analysis and Price - June 11th, 2013
- How to enlarge private Facebook photos - June 9th, 2013
- How to setup Amazon Route 53 DNS - June 8th, 2013