Auto installers are designed to make your life easy. Installing and configuring things like Nginx and OpenVPN can be hard for novices. You can use the Nginx Autoinstaller listed on my blog if you need that, but what about OpenVPN? OpenVPN-AS is free and comes with a great web based control panel, but the problem is that the free version is limited to 2 concurrent users. But that’s the way to go if you are fine with 2 user limit, You can view my OpenVPN-AS setup guide here.
If you don’t like the 2 user limit on OpenVPN-AS you can install regular OpenVPN but it requires little bit of work, it has no limits on users and you and your friends or clients can use the same VPN concurrently. I have found a great OpenVPN auto install script on github and I thought about sharing it with you. You can find it here installing it is very easy. See below
- VPS or Dedi with 64MB of RAM or above
- TUN/TAP enabled if its OpenVZ ( see below )
- Debian , Ubuntu or any Debian derived distros are supported
If you are using a OpenVZ VPS make sure to enable TUN/TAP from your VPS control panel like below
Log in to the terminal and run the below command to download the installer and install
While its running it will ask for simple details such as the port you want to run , your name to generate the certs,
Answer to the questions and you are done, After it finishes installing it will display the success page
That’s it. Now you can SCP or SFTP ( here’s how to SFTP with filezilla ) in to your server and download the client config file from the /home directory.
Extract the file and you will find the certs and keys that you need to use to connect.
Adding more users
Adding more users to this is very easy just run the installer again
Simple! Isn’t it?
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013