Nvidia just announced its brand spanking new Tegra 4 processor at CES 2013. It keeps the same 4 + 1 Core architecture and its the first announced Cortex A15 processor built on 28nm fabrication process. It features 72 GPU cores and Nvidia is claiming that’s 6X fast than the Tegra 3 from last year.
It also features a computational photography engine which is I think something like HTC’s Image chip and it helps the Tegra 4 to calculate the image processing data such as HDR rendering etc.
And with the Tegra 4 Nvidia also announced its i500 soft modem which is essentially a programmable baseband chip which is capable of processing 1.2 trillion ops per second. That will build the path way for manufacturers to build tablets and smartphones with LTE and variety of Band support.
I guess this will be holding the crown of mobile processors until Samsung comes up with it’s Exynos 4 Quad Core processor with new Mali graphics.
Head over to Nvidia.com for more information
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013