If you have installed SSL certificate on your website which runs on WHM/Cpanel server and now if you are going to migrate the websites to another Cpanel server, this guide is for you. Transferring SSL certificates between Cpanel/WHM servers is easy than you think. Here is how,
Log in to the old Cpanel account and navigate to “SSL/TLS Manager” then click the “Private Keys (KEY)” button and it will display your domain name and click “Show Details” Copy this key to a notepad file or preferred text editor.
Now you need to go back to the “SSL/TLS Manager” and click “Certificates (CRT)” button. It will show the SSL certificate and copy that to the text editor too.
Now we have successfully obtained the key and cert from the old server. So on next part, I assume that you have moved the files to the new server, website is now working (without SSL) on the new server. Also don’t forget to assign a dedicated IP to your web site on the new server like the old one. Now lets configure the new server,
Log on to your new Cpanel account and under the “SSL/TLS Manager” click the “Setup a SSL certificate to work with your site”. On here you need to select the domain name and paste the CRT and KEY , text that we saved to a notepad earlier. Then click “Install Certificate and you are done
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013