Well its really nice to see that my modified LNMP installer is getting nice popularity! And its also nice to see lots of people used this guide to setup their servers as of now. You all know this is modified script and original rights goes to www.lnmp.org . What I did is simple modifications to original script.
- Actually LNMP0.5RB script places a script called “prober” its located on /p.php on home directory and it shows all server data when viewing p.php so if you forget to delete it after installing it might be security risk. So on 0.5.1 I have decided no to install prober automatically when running script.
- And one problem that we had on 0.5RB the script itself rewrites local server time to china shanghai time. I dont know why original developer wanted this kind of thing. So I have removed that now it keeps your local time zone without rewriting it to china time!
- Installation process simplified with clear details when installing. Actually this is just minor change as LNMP is itself very simplified. Script searches for some scripts like nginx is already exists or not and used to give output called Error: So its bit misguiding, So I have cleaned up the code for newbies so they don’t need get scared seeing error!
- Software packages like php,mysql.,etc moved to my own server which runs on 1Gbps pipe so it makes installation faster. I have did because some users reported that some times previous host unavailable to pull the packages.
So there is nothing major updates on 0.5.1 its just security release for newbie users.
What should i do to update my 0.5 to 0.5.1 ?
- As said nothing major. If you are already running LNMP0.5RB please delete prober placed on /p.php and php info file located on /phpinfo.php as it might pose security vulnerability.
And kudos for all your support so far!
You can find updated LNMP0.5.1RB here http://www.ruchirablog.com/nginx-autoinstaller/
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- How to install and configure a BitTorrent Sync server - July 9th, 2013
- WordPress comments SEO problems and moved to Disqus - July 5th, 2013