I don’t have enough words to express, how much I love Linode. If you search my blog with the keyword “linode” you can find the reviews and rants that I’ve done about them. Linode is beta testing a new feature called Linode “Longview” which provides you beautiful live graphs and information about your virtual machines. Its not limited to linode, you can monitor any external VM’s or Dedicated servers with longview.
Like I said longview is still in early beta stage so things might change when it goes public. However it is working flawlessly at the moment and those graphs looks pretty nice. Since longview is in beta you will need to open a support ticket explaining why you need it to gain access.
Setting up Longview is very easy, just click “add client” and it will give you a bash script to run
Just run that command on terminal and everything just works after that.
Go inside and you can see there are many stats are available about your node such as
- Top Processes
- System information
- Process Explorer
- Packages with available updates
I will provide few screenshots below.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013