Kali Linux is the newly born project from “offensive security” who achieved fame with the infamous BackTrack linux security distro. Kali linux is free and includes more than 100 of security penetration and audit tools. If you have ever used Backtrack you may might be wondering whats different here on Kali well its a complete operating system unlike backtrack which is a live CD based operating system.
“So, what’s the difference between BackTrack and Kali?” you might be asking. Unfortunately for us, that’s not a simple question to answer. It’s a mix between “everything” and “not much”, depending on how you used BackTrack.
– kali linux
Kali is built on Debian tree and it supports ARM devices such as Raspberry Pi, Samsung Chromebook, ODROID U2/X2 and of course traditional X86 processors. Even though kali has a GUI most of the tools available, works on command line so don’t expect it to be very easy. Documentation and community support available and you can obtain your copy for free on kali project page here
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013