Notepad++ is my favorite text editor , Notepad … you name it. And when I switched to Ubuntu the ultimate thing lacking from it is Notepad++ its hard for me to live without it. So I have decided to install it using wine and this is how I did so,
- Installing Wine ( A tool which is used to run some windows apps on linux ) . Installing it is easy as of Ubuntu 11.04 , 11.10 and 12.04 just open up Ubuntu software center and search for Wine and install it.
- yes you heard me just go to http://notepad-plus-plus.org and download the software ( yes the default windows version ) and save it on your computer.
- Its easy as cake. Right click the downloaded .exe file and select “Open with” and then select the “Wine windows program loader” and you will be presented with the windows like install of notepad++
- Thats it enjoy.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013