Adding an external microphone to your Galaxy Camera, SIII , Note 2 is much easier than you thought, thanks to an interesting discovery by Adam outler on XDA developers. New Galaxy S series devices has the wolfsen microeletronics audio processing chip which is proven to have astonishing audio quality and plethora of options.
To connect external microphone to your Galaxy your mic should have impedance over 1000Ohms. You just need to have a samsung earbuds so you can cut the 3.5mm jack of it, and as you can see on the pinout diagram above you can connect your microphone to pin 1 and 2 , if your mic’s impedance is more than 1000Ohms it will just work.
Your Galaxy S device will only recognize the mic if the impedance is more than 1000Ohms this is because its programmed to trigger the mic option if the pin 1 and 2 detects over 1000Ohms
If you already have a mic you can find the impedence by reading its manual, Or if you intend to buy new one you can choose a one which is over 1000ohms. If you already have one and impedence is below 1000Ohms don’t worry just add a resister to make it over 1000Ohms and you are done
Head over to XDA-Developers original post to find out more
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Install Nginx on Cpanel server and benchmarks - May 25th, 2013
- How to setup SSH key based access on Google Compute Engine - May 23rd, 2013
- Google Compute Engine benchmarks - May 23rd, 2013
- OpenVPN Auto installer - May 23rd, 2013
- Change your DSL modems default logins now or get hacked - May 22nd, 2013