Did you ever had the above shown error on your WHM/Cpanel server? When using passive FTP timeouts at MLSD command is a common error when using FTP servers. This is because servers firewall is not willing to accept the connections on common FTP ports.
We know that port 21 is used to FTP. That port might be open on your firewall but FTP client requires other ports to be opened during the file transfers. Just like web browsers open random ports for web sites. This port range is usually called “Passive Range”. Opening this port range on your WHM/Cpanel server will fix this problem.
Log on to terminal and issue following commands
This command will load up the ip_conntrack_ftp module on your firewall.
This command will make the 30000 to 60000 port range available and open for your FTP server.
Then just restart FTP server from WHM and problem solved
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013