SSL is the industry standard to prevent eavesdropping on the internet. SSL is becoming mainstream because of increasing number of attacks on the interwebs. However SSL certificates comes at a cost, I know most of you wont go that extra step of securing your site with SSL because of this cost.
StartSSL offers you completely free Class 1 SSL certificates and I have tried their free cert and its awesome. I didn’t had any problem with the browsers that I tested on and now I’m using it on production environment.
You can check out StartSSL here. Interface is little bit complicated and all the accounts and code signing requests are verified by their staff so there is no instant issue service here, But when I tried it, my account was approved within 2 hours and CSR got approved within 30mins or so. Not bad for free service and a huge plus is that the free cert gives you 256bit encryption. StartSSL’s control panel login is handled by a personal certificate, this can be a headache for some people because if you lose that certificate you wont be able to log in to their control panel. So make sure to backup the login certificate in a safer place.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013