Most of people buys Virtual Private servers because their shared hosting is not enough or their site is getting more visitors that shared hosting cant afford. But some of them doesn’t know the basics of installing admin panel (like Cpanel) on their VPS and managing their VPS from scratch. So I own few VPS’s for my hosting needs and I was a geek too when I entered this area of interest but now I fed up with google a lot And this is a guide about how to install Kloxo (formerly known as LXAdmin) on CentOS. Forget about installing a panel like webmin if you are newbie to linux servers. Kloxo is very easy to manage like cpanel. You can do the same process to install kloxo on dedicated servers installed CentOS on it.
Things you need-
- A VPS or dedicated server that has at least 128MB memory
- SSH Client , PUTTY for windows operating systems Download it free
- Relaxed mind
Note that there are many Admin panels like Cpanel,Kloxo,ISPconfig,Webmin,Plesk . But I recommend Kloxo (LXadmin) because it runs on even low memory VPS’s that has only 128MB memory and there is built in 2 web servers , Apache and Lighttpd. Previously there were 2 versions of kloxo panels one is Free version and the other is Kloxo Enterprise.
The free version only had support to only 40 domains run on the same server and Enterprise version can run unlimited domains on one server. But now Kloxo owner LXlabs CEO K.T Ligesh dead. And the Kloxo is become a freeware So you can now obtain Enterprise license for free.
So if you want more information or want to see demo’s about kloxo please go to their website here.
So lets start-
- First of all you need to install PUTTY and login to your server with it by very easy steps, providing the ipaddress and password given to you buy the hosting company. The default User name is root.
- The you need to install YUM So run these commands on putty-
When your server finishes downloading YUM run this commands to install it-
Then feel free to
to bring your system up to date.
- Then YUM is successfully installed
- The nest step is to install Kloxo, Run these commands on your server-
- Then your kloxo install is successful you can login in to panel at yourip:7778 The default user name is- Admin and the password is – Admin
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013