Thinking about facebook its the 2nd most accessed web site according to alexa defeating yahoo. Facebook recently got exploded with traffic. Its like getting worldwide DDOS attack.
You can see that traffic for facebook is increasing rapidly.
How facebook serves so much users fast from their servers? Well its known fact that Facebook uses over 800 Memcached servers to manage this traffic and reduce database load. Facebook is not much lite site like google.com I mean facebook is not static its updating every second.
If you have a high traffic site (I think you don’t have much traffic like facebook ) im sure you will need tips to scale your site to be fast and lite.
Facebook engineering team is kind enough to provide their system update details and mods on their engineering note page which you can view here- http://www.facebook.com/notes.php?id=9445547199
And you can view their engineering page here- http://www.facebook.com/enginnering
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013