If you ran in to problems with apache like high cpu loads,bottlenecks,IO problems and stability problems you will think to migrate to a better webserver platform go going to a better dedicated server or vps. And easiest and non costly option is migrating to another webserver software.
But wait, What will be your choice for your apache intended sites probably it will be litespeed because litespeed is the only server that support rewrite .htaccess mod built in apache and litespeed has nice online GUI admin panel beating every free server platforms it gives out every needy information to manage your server unlike apache so anyone will love it. And its extremely easy to migrate to litespeed server if you currently hosted with apache ask google for steps you can do it in five mins or less. And you dont have to change your content single bit and you will get 100% transparent migration for litespeed.
But wait wait,
Apache is opensource so free litespeed to has free version lets compare versions according to litespeed home page.
|LiteSpeed Web Server Editions|
|Download||15-Day Free Trial (2-CPU)|
|LiteSpeed Multiplexing Network Engine|
|JSP/Servlet AJP 1.3|
|SSL v2/3 + TLS v1|
|Auto Service Recovery|
|XML Configure Files|
|Throttle Per Client: Bandwidth|
|Throttle Per Client: Connection|
|Unlimited Virtual Hosts|
|Virtual Host Templates (Mass Virtual Hosting)|
|Throttle Per VHost: Bandwidth + Connection||No|
|Max Virtual hosts from Apache httpd.conf||5||Unlimited|
|Request Filter (mod_security) for Apache Virtual hosts||No|
|Disk cache (mod_cache) Support||No||( 2-CPU license and above)|
|Built-in Ruby on Rails Shared Hosting||No|
|SSL Hardware Acceleration||No|
|Max Concurrent Connections||150||Unlimited (500 for VPS license)|
|Fully Customizable Access Log||No|
|Download||15-Day Free Trial|
Lets get to the topic,
Litespeed is the best server platform to migrate if you have problems with apache and its very stable and now litespeed is becoming a trend in shared web hosts.
So lets presume you intend to use free version,
- If you face into Digg effect bam, litespeed only support 150 concurrent php connections maximum so if you got like 151 visitors to your website FLOP!!!
- Only 5 web sites on your server! i dont think this is big problem because i think you dont run 100’s of sites in one server. But there are some folks who run 1000’s of sites on one server so FLOP
- Just dont migrate to litesspeed free version if you have high loads with apache and many blogs and geeks written that there is no noticeable difference between apache and litespeed free version but there is huge advance in paid version
- Dont buy litespeed paid version if you dont have much knowledge about what you doing because there are ways of optimizing apache to outperform any server platform
- Use nginx as reverse proxy to serve html pages. it will reduce your load instantly for steps ask from google
- Always be noticed about your visitor limit if you plan to use litespeed free version
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013