Do you know that this blog got hacked about a year ago?
Yes thats real screenshot that I taken. Most interesting thing was that my friend told that something is wrong with my blog when I was at school. He used mobile phone to access to this blog.
On that day I was at school and my friend asked me
Hey what the heck that black page doing in your blog
I didn’t knew what he was talking about and I asked him I dont know maybe you visited wrong web site that’s impossible to have such page on my blog. ( He used a mobile phone so he didn’t saw that green lines mentioning “hacked by DZ ghosts” so he said black page )
It didn’t took me long to understand that my blog maybe hacked. So I immediately returned from school to home because if hackers got access to my wordpress instance they might have got my admin password and that means my emails,Online banking such all will get compromised. ***DAMN I used same password for all***
After about 30mins I got to home and ran to computer and opened my blog, SHIT it was hacked and I could hear audio song playing on my blog. It was broadcasting from .DE domain.
Login in to wordpress admin panel worked and so I realized that my data didn’t got erased.
- Hackers injected their codes to index.php it didn’t took much time to find out that. And after replacing codes from default wordpress files it worked.
- I dont know why they targeted my blog. maybe came from google search by searching meta codes? But thats very small chance because they got in because I leaved my HOME DIRECTORY 777 CHMODED my bad!!!!
- Some times we need to chmod our directories 777 or 755 to make some changes of plugins and such. So make sure to set safe permissions if you changed it. Never leave it 777
- If your web site got hacked first look at code of index.html or index.php that might be the only page that hackers changed.
- Don’t use same password for all websites. Use a password which contain at least 10 characters with numbers.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- How to install and configure a BitTorrent Sync server - July 9th, 2013
- WordPress comments SEO problems and moved to Disqus - July 5th, 2013