Have you ever got struck with the black white pages while editing something on your theme? If you cant access the wp-admin to change the theme you have 2 solutions to get back up and get your wordpress site to running condition again. One is that you can delete all the theme files from wp-content folder except for the wordpress default theme. I guess that’s the most popular solution.
But what if you just want to change themes manually without going to wp-admin ? I have faced this problem. I have many themes installed on my themes directory and when I go to Appearance >Themes only the activated theme shows up and it says
You only have one theme installed right now. Live a little! You can choose from over 1,000 free themes in the WordPress.org Theme Directory at any time: just click on the Install Themes tab above.
I wasn’t able to find an answer yet because and earlier it showed up correctly. If you face similar situation like me, here’s how you can change the active theme manually. To do this you need to have access to phpmyadmin because we need to change the database values here.
- Login to phpMyAdmin and open your database. You will see the tables on the left side and choose “wp_options” table by clicking it.
- Now find the template and stylesheet option names and you can see that corresponding option values shows the current theme name.
- Click the edit button on both of the values and replace the current theme name with your desired theme name and save it.
That’s it. Mentioned theme will be activated on your side and it will show up on the wp-admin control panel.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013