Apache 2.4 is the latest version of Apache web server. Apache 2.4 comes after a many years of constant Apache 2.2 development and according to Apache foundation, Apache 2.4 brings lots of new modules and enhancements to the 2.2. You can find details about Apache 2.4 change log here
WHM Cpanel is the most popular server control panel available and they didn’t took much time bring Apache 2.4 support to Cpanel. Although its advertised as experimental and you shouldn’t use it for production environment just yet. You can upgrade to Apache 2.4.4 from the WHM’s Easyapache, Apache updater very easily. I have did it on my test server and decided to share some benchmarks with you.
Note that I won’t benchmark Apache 2.2 again because I have did it 2 days ago on my other guide Apache 2.2 server features Apache 2.2.14 and PHP 5.3 And the Apache 2.4.4 server features PHP 5.4. Both tests are done on the same 512MB OpenVZ VPS before the Easyapache upgrade (2.2) and after Easyapache (2.4) upgrade.
Simple “Hello World” php page test,
Now lets move on to the WordPress test. Same as the previous Nginx vs Apache test , I have installed WordPress without any plugins or content.
As you can see Apache 2.4.4 takes the lead but its not huge. Note that this is test with the Cpanel configuration and this isn’t a native Apache 2.2 vs Apache 2.4 test. Of course I would like to do that on a later time.
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013