I’m using a free SSL certificate bought from StartSSL on one of my WHM Cpanel hosted web site. Unfortunately StartSSL’s free SSL certificate isn’t wild card cert. It means that it cant be used domain wide ( ex- play.domain.com , games.domain.com ). I have added my StartSSL certificate to one of my domain which hosts a billing panel. And we all know that SSL certificates requires an dedicated IP so its just a waste of an IP to get another SSL certificate and install it to secure WHM and CPanel access. But I wanted to secure those connections without using a self signed certificate. Here’s how I did it,
Note – This guide assumes that you already have a SSL certificate installed to one of your sites hosted on the server. If you haven’t, Read this to find out how you can install SSL certificate on a WHM/Cpanel server.
- Log in to WHM and navigate to “Manage Service SSL certificates” its under “Service Configuration” sub section.
- Click “Install New Certificate” on “cPanel/WHM/Webmail Service”
- Now click “Browse” under the “Domain this CRT is for” and choose the domain name that got a SSL cert already installed.
- Click “Use Cert” button and that’s it!
Now you can access the secured WHM and Cpanel pages by visiting https://yoursecureddomain.com:2087 or :2083
You don’t have to use self signed certificates any longer with this method
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013