Google is taking rel=”author” markup to a whole new level with Google+. You are most likely missing up if you haven’t added your author profile to your web page already. Rumor has it that adding rel=”author” and verifying your authorship is helping for your SEO and SERP’s (Search Engine Ranking Positions). So how can you add this to your WordPress blog or web site without editing any code or whatsoever? Read on,
What do you need?
- Google+ profile
- WordPress SEO plugin installed
If you are concerned about SEO you might already have “WordPress SEO” plugin installed on your site. So things will be super quick.
1. On WordPress control panel, navigate to SEO -> Titles and Metas -> Home and under Auther metadata select your WordPress user profile and save it.
2. Under the control panel navigate to Users -> Your Profile and fill up the Google+ profile page with the link to your Google+ profile. For example mine is – https://plus.google.com/108796183337411114889/
3. Finally you need to add your web site url on Google+. To do that do to this url https://plus.google.com/me/about/edit/co and under “Contributor to” section add your web site and save it.
Now its done It will take sometime to appear your picture and details on Google search but you can view if its working or not with Google’s own rich snippet viewer http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013