For past few weeks I have been noticing increased number of Spam comments on my pending comments list. As you might know the comments you make on this blog is set to be accepted by me before appearing as comments. So when I go through the comments like I said before, There were many spam comments left without being blocked automatically by Akismet.
At first I thought the problem is with akismet and it should have been failing to detect these comments. But few minutes later I found this exciting bar chart on akismet control panel.
See how the spam comments has increased over the past months. February isn’t even over yet and there are 5917 spam comments for this time period. Its more than twice than full month of January and 40 times more than December 2012. This is why there were many spam comments left without being filtered on the queue. While akismet does a great job, it simply cant keep up the number of spam comments that this blog receive.
Other than reaching PR4 on last Google Page rank update, there is no possible reason on my side to attract this much spam. Do you got the same problem? Please share your ideas on comments
Last 5 posts by Ruchira
- Slotomania Free Slot Games Review - February 24th, 2015
- The Role of Social Media and SEO - October 25th, 2013
- Google announces uProxy to overcome internet censorship - October 22nd, 2013
- Command line bandwidth monitors for Linux - October 21st, 2013
- Problem Kids: When You Know How To Spy On iPhone Remotely, You Worry Less And Focus Better! - August 19th, 2013